In a programme “Straight Calls with Douglas Macgregor” colonel Macgregor, a decorated combat veteran, the former advisor to the Secretary of Defense in the Trump administration presents his assessments of the ongoing events around Ukraine and, most importantly, the relations between the ruling elite of the United States and Russia. Some quotes from his program below:
- It's the politicians in Washington DC that are more eager to fight this battle through UK Ukraine against Putin and it doesn't seem as if the Pentagon is as on board as the politicians who's really behind wanting this war.
- I think it's clear that the American people are largely divorced from the reality of this conflict ,as they have been for the last 30 years divorced from all the conflicts. War has always been something that happened far away on somebody else's soil. The difference this time is that Washington has decided along with help and assistance particularly from its allies in London and the Global Financial Community run out of New York City to wage war on the Russian state with the goal of not simply regime change but ultimately destroying the state potentially dismembering it.
- When you look at the people who are advocates for this terrible destructive policy they are largely the same people that that got us into the Balkans in the 1990s into Bosnia and Kosovo. And then subsequently we're largely supportive of the interventions in 2001 and Perpetual Warfare in the Middle East demonizing and transforming into an enemy Libya, Syria and obviously Iran. This is an old story.
- It's the same because Russia is full of trillions of dollars of resources mineral resources oil gas precious metals, agricultural. We just go down the list, and there was an attempt in the 90s and in the early part of this Century by people from the West many of whom are connected to organizations, like Goldman Sachs and the Global Financial Community, to go in and effectively rape Russia and steal everything they possibly could from it.
- They were ultimately defeated and thrown out by Vladimir Putin, who established a new regime to bring some more stability and dignity back to the Russian state.
- Putin has been talking now for many years about the unacceptable policy of advancing NATO to Russia's borders and he's been warning over and over and over again: “If you do this you will inevitably come into conflict with us. We will not tolerate a large NATO presence. And when you say ‘NATO presidents read the potential for U.S ballistic and cruise missiles and so forth on the on the border’, so we've taken the position.”
- In Washington is the political Elite, the ruling Elite of our country thinks ‘Russia is weak’, ‘Russia can be bullied’ and all we have to do is apply great pressure. And since we dominate the Global Financial system we can isolate Russia. So we are embarked upon this very dangerous course of conflict and confrontation now with the Russian state and its Armed Forces.
- The Washington Community that sponsors this, is obviously enriched itself over the last 30 plus years through all the various interventions and the massive increases of defense spending. It's a kind of new imperialism that we've been embarked upon and Russia is simply ‘the latest Target’.
- The problem for the ruling Elites in Washington is that most of them are ignorant of reality – they know nothing about the world beyond our borders. They know nothing about military power and so they badly miscalculated with Russia. This was is a war that ‘should have ended in a few weeks because Russia would collapse’. This is ‘a war that should have ended because Russia can't produce enough ammunition’. This is ‘a war that should have ended because of horrendous and horrific casualties taken exclusively by the Russians’. And all we have to do is arm this proxy Ukrainian force that we built after 2014.
- Once we had established a government in Kiev that would do our bidding and this force in Ukraine would devastate Russia. Well, it hasn't quite worked out.
- Now we face a very different set of circumstances, but when you ask who is behind it, you've got to look at a whole range of people and remember that the preeminent goal in Washington for most politicians is to stay in office and continue to enrich themselves.
- You should simply follow the money. When you do that, you begin to understand that what's happening in Washington has nothing to do with the American people or United States interests no one in the United States.
- We should want to get back to normalcy and wash our hands of these bad policies. The American people should realize, that Washington is populated with these people, that the people in Washington – this ruling class is not acting in their interests, and demand fundamental sweeping change.
read more in our Telegram-channel https://t.me/The_International_Affairs