Vladimir Putin met with President of the People’s Republic of China Xi Jinping, who arrived in Russia on a state visit.
The relations between Moscow and Beijing contribute to strengthening the multipolar world, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with Chinese leader Xi Jinping on Monday.
Vladimir Putin said in particular:
- I am glad to have a chance to congratulate you in person on your re-election as President of China. This was possible because the Chinese nation and its representatives rightfully appreciate your work over the past decades.
- I am sure that, under your leadership, China will continue to make strides in its development in the years ahead and will, without a doubt, fulfill its goals.
- It is symbolic that exactly ten years ago, we also met here, and it was your first visit to Russia as the President of the People's Republic of China. Since then, we have made great strides in developing our relations. Our trade has more than doubled, from just over $87 billion, I believe, to almost $200, $185 billion to be exact.
- We share numerous goals and objectives. You personally and all of our Chinese friends devote much attention to Russian-Chinese relations, taking a fair and balanced stance on the majority of topical international issues.
- We have carefully studied your proposals on resolving the acute Ukraine crisis and we will have an opportunity to discuss this matter.
- We know that you are guided by the principles of justice and respect for the fundamental provisions of international law and indivisible security for all countries.
- Overall, our interaction in the international arena is promoting the fundamental principles of international order and multipolarity.
Xi Jinping said in particular:
- Mr President, I always call you my dear friend.
- The Chinese side pays a great deal of attention to promoting Cino-Russian relations, because this has its own historical logic and we are two major neighbouring countries. We are partners in comprehensive strategic interaction and cooperation, and this status determines the close relations between our countries.
- I am aware that a presidential election will take place in your country next year. Thanks to your strong leadership, Russia has made significant progress in recent years in achieving results and expanding prosperity. I am sure that the Russian people will strongly support you in your good works.
- Indeed, our countries share many overlapping or similar goals as we move forward. Both our countries are making great efforts to achieve our goal of development and prosperity. For example, we set the goal of upgrading the Chinese model. Russia has also set ambitious goals for developing the country. I am confident that our cooperation and close interaction will definitely help us reach these goals.
- As we continue to promote Cino-Russian international strategic cooperation, we must achieve the goal of ensuring justice and equality in the world while also achieving further development and prosperity in our countries in the process.
read more in our Telegram-channel https://t.me/The_International_Affairs