- On 13 May 2023 Russian Defence Ministry reported that on 12 May at around 6.30PM Moscow time, AFU Air Force combat aircraft launched a missile attack on Polipak polymer products company and Milam meat processing plant in Lugansk, the Russian Federation.
“The strike was carried out using Storm Shadow missiles supplied to the Kiev regime by the UK, contrary to London's claims that these weapons would not be used on civilian targets.
As a result of the strike, a fire broke out on the territory of Lugansk food and chemical industries. Some nearby residential buildings are destructed. Civilians, including six children, were injured.”
The Russian Aerospace Forces fighter aircraft shot down AFU Su-24 aircraft that attacked Lugansk by Storm Shadow missiles and Mig-29 fighter that was protecting it.
Russian expert community suggested to respond to the UK delivery of Storm Shadows to Ukraine in several ways: to sink any large British combat ship, to disrupt a communication line between the USA and the UK or to sever diplomatic ties with London.
- The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continued the Special Military Operation. In Kupyansk direction, the attacks, launched by aviation, as well as artillery and heavy flamethrower systems of the Zapad Group of Forces, have resulted in the neutralisation of the enemy units close to Sinkovka, Kurilovka (Kharkov region), and Stelmakhovka (Lugansk People's Republic, the Russian Federation).
Two Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups have been thwarted near Berestovoye and Timkovka (Kharkov Region). The enemy losses were up to 170 Ukrainian servicemen, four motor vehicles, Gvozdika and Akatsiya self-propelled artillery systems.
In Soledar-Artyomovsk direction, the assault units supported by the Airborne Troops units continued fighting for the western neighbourhoods of Artyomovsk. The enemy made massive attempts to break through Russian troops' defence to the north and south parts of Artyomovsk in the past 24 hour. All the attacks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) have been repelled. There has been no breakthrough in the defence of Russian forces. The servicemen of the 4th and 200th motorised rifle brigades and the 6th Motorised Rifle Division of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation showed courage and heroism in repulsing the enemy attacks.
Since February 24, 2022 in total have been destroyed:
- 425 Ukrainian airplanes,
- 231 helicopters,
- 4,135 UAVs,
- 421 AAD systems
- 9,159 tanks and other armoured fighting vehicles
- 1,100 fighting vehicles equipped with MLRS
- 4,813 field artillery guns and mortars,
- as well as 10,193 special military vehicles.
read more in our Telegram-channel https://t.me/The_International_Affairs