- The USA is directly contributing to the deaths of Russians by providing military and financial aid to Ukraine, Russian Foreign Ministry claimed. MFA reacted to a newspaper ‘Kommersant’ interview with Lynne Tracy, the US ambassador to Moscow, who stated that Washington “does not view Russians as enemies.”
“The Russian people are getting killed with targeting done by the US, money [provided] by the US, weapons [supplied] by the US, and by the hands of a regime that was brought to power by the US as a result of a coup orchestrated by the US,” the Russian MFA said referring to the Western-backed 2014 uprising in Kiev that ousted the democratically elected president Viktor Yanukovich.
Tracy’s failure to acknowledge the nature of the events in Kiev can be explained by either amnesia or ignorance, while her description has nothing to do with reality, the Russian ministry added.
The statement included a screenshot of the interview with a large red ‘Fake’ stamp on it (photo).
- The Ukrainian military ‘is ready to launch its much-touted ‘offensive’ against Russia,’ but is awaiting the order to attack from senior officials in Kiev, Defense Minister Aleksey Reznikov said. “As soon as we have God’s will, the weather, and a decision by the command, we will do it,” the official stated.
On the other hand, it is obvious that there is no ‘God’s will’ and good weather helping Kiev, because of two key factors: its intimidation of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine and massive aggression it unleashed since April 2014 against Donbass.
Reznikov previously cautioned against heightened expectations regarding the future ‘offensive’, arguing that hopes in Ukraine and among its foreign backers were ‘too elevated’.
The New York Times published a report claiming that Ukrainian troops on the frontline recognize Russia's advantage in terms of artillery, tanks and aircraft.
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said at the end of April that members of the US-led military bloc had delivered 98% of the arms pledged to Kiev. However, he failed to admit that the majority of such arms have been already destroyed by Russian troops on the battlefield, and the tempo of their destruction became much higher in recent months.
Mikhail Podoliak, an aide to Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky, has also challenged those claims, asserting in an interview that the delivery level cited by NATO officials was “too high” and that his country needed more weapons.
- The armed formations of Ukraine during the retreat from the village of Tsvetmet on the outskirts of Artyomovsk (Ukrainian name – Bakhmut) blew up four nine-story houses, in the basements of which at least 20 civilians, including children, were hiding, all of them died. This was reported by the DPR official to the TASS news agency.
Ukrainian troops shelled Donetsk by the US ‘HIMARS” and Ukrainian “Grad” on April 29, deliberately aiming civilian targets. 11 civilians were killed, Including the eight-year old girl, and 19 civilians were wounded. They were passengers travelling by bus in the main street of the city. The same day hospital and a number of houses were damaged by Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The militants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU), while fleeing from positions equipped in one of the residential buildings of Artyomovsk, threw grenades at local residents who were hiding in the basement, this was told to RIA Novosti by a local resident Vladimir Kolyada. According to the man, it happened at the end of March, 2023. There were seven people in the basement with him at the time.
- In its turn, the Russian troops increased their attacks against key Ukrainian military facilities to be used during widely advertised ‘offensive’: command centers, ammunition warehouses, railroads, highways and gasoline storages.
On the eve of May 1 Russian forces delivered another massive strikes upon many plants and factories of the Ukrainian military industrial complex (photo), and disrupted the activity of plants that manufacture ammunition and military hardware for Ukrainian troops, Igor Konashenkov reported. “All designated facilities were hit," he added.
- For more than a year now, the administration of President Joe Biden has been painting a “rosy picture” of the situation in Ukraine for the American public: both Biden and his subordinates insist that the fighting must result in a strategic Defeat for Russia and a “happy ending” for America and its allies, former CIA analyst George Bibe wrote in his article for ‘Responsible Statecraft’.
While Ukraine may end up “on its knees,” the Biden administration has taken little or made no action to prepare the American public for any compromise, the author stated. And since the American president has not laid the groundwork for negotiations either at home or abroad, it is possible that he will ultimately be forced to choose between two equally undesirable options: “To watch Ukraine collapse despite all his promises to prevent such a collapse, or to escalate its involvement in the U.S.-NATO conflict in a way that could lead to the very military confrontation with Moscow that he has vowed to avoid,” the expert wrote.
read more in our Telegram-channel https://t.me/The_International_Affairs