During a briefing of the Chief of Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Radiological Defence troops of the Russian Federation (Moscow, September 3, 2022) Lieutenant General Igor Kirillov (photo) said in particular:
- On the initiative of the Russian Federation, consultative meeting of the member States of the Convention on the Prohibition of Biological and Toxin Weapons (BTWC) will be hosted in the upcoming week regarding non-compliance with the obligations of the USA and Ukraine within the abovementioned international treaty. The event will include presentation of documentary evidence of the violation of the articles I and IV within the convention on their part.
- We want the organisations responsible for compliance with the Convention and the international community to pay their attention to various biological hazards.
- There are currently over 50 Pentagon-controlled biological laboratories modernised with its funds and located in close proximity to the borders of the Russian Federation. In total, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, the U.S. Defence Department controls 336 biolaboratories in 30 countries. Their activities are supplemented by deterioration of the epidemiological situation regarding to the most dangerous and economically significant infections, as well as by appearance of contagious diseases untypical for a certain region.
- We have received information about U.S.-sponsored biological research in Ukraine. The decree of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine (February 24, 2022) for emergency destruction of pathogen collections has reinforced our concerns about possible violation of the articles I and IV within the BTWC requirements in the Pentagon-commissioned work. The obtained materials have served as a basis for the Russian Federation's investigation of U.S. biological activities at the territory of Ukraine.
- The U.S. has spent over $250 million on biological programs in Ukraine. The work was coordinated by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense (DTRA), the research was conducted under conditions of secrecy with limited access of Ukrainian professionals to information and premises.
- The Pentagon intends to transfer unfinished programs in Ukraine as soon as possible to other post-Soviet countries, as well as to Eastern European states (such as Bulgaria, the Czech Republic) and Baltic countries.
- The customers from the U.S. are interested in a nomenclature: cholera, tularemia, plague, Congo-Crimean fever and hantaviruses. These pathogens were studied as part of the so-called Ukrainian UP and Tap projects. U.S. military biologists are interested because these pathogens have natural foci both in Ukraine and Russia, while their use can be disguised as natural disease outbreaks.
- According to the Act of inspection of the collection of microbial strains in the Scientific Research Anti-Plague Institute named after Mechnikov in Odessa, 654 containers with anthrax pathogen and 422 containers with cholera pathogen were stored. The document states that it is not necessary to maintain a large number of tubes with the same strains. At the same time, the nomenclature and the accumulated number of dangerous pathogens call into question the preventive, protective or other peaceful nature of the activities carried out.
- We do not exclude that the official research program is only 'the visible part of the iceberg'.
- These facts raise the question: For what purpose did the United States develop and patent technical means of delivery of biological weapons, and what is the reason for Ukraine's interest in acquiring such technical means?
- We are currently witnessing the emergence of publications in the foreign press with Washington's nervous reaction to the highly sensitive documents made public by the Russian Ministry of Defence. Journalists state that U.S. intelligence agencies are taking unprecedented measures to ensure that the Russian side has no potential witnesses to the implementation of the Pentagon's closed military-biological projects in Ukraine.
read more in our Telegram-channel https://t.me/The_International_Affairs